[iDC] How to overcome continuous partial attention.

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 10:08:45 EST 2006

This is only a short remark, nothing scholarly, to confirm some of the
points made by Margaret.

In my own experience, though my mailing list subscriptions (Oekonux,
Multitudes, Cooperation Commons, and now IDc) come in together with the many
subscriptions, they are the first I open and read, and the reason I do is,
though they have a higher noise to content ratio than newsletters, is that
they are an expression of community, and so more important. I rarely
contribute, in general terms, but get a lot out of them. In the Oekonux
mailing list, I notice to moderator Stephan Merten always responds with
great delay, to postings that are 60 to 90 days old, probably a function of
his own overload and time constrains, yet, this is not cumbersome, as again,
it shows committment to the community aspect.

Michel

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html;
video interview, at