[iDC] Education between Humboldt and McJob

A. G-C guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Sat Dec 2 17:04:21 EST 2006

On 2/12/06 1:34, "Trebor Scholz" <trebor at thing.net> probably wrote:

> The symposium started in the former villa of Aby M. Warburg, the
> depressive art historian and creator of the Mnemosyne Atlas who famously
> responded to the question about his health with "All well - from the
> neck down." In 1925 the likes of art historian Erwin Panovsky and
> philosopher Ernst Cassirer gathered in this "cultural-scientific
> library," and called it a "laboratory of the sprit" before it was
> relocated to London during Nazi times. In this oak-paneled setting,
> walled in by books, it took me a while to get over the excitement of
> naked historical presence.
>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aby_Warburg>

May be a detail more for various ideas on Warburg (may be the achiever of
critical history of Art by claiming otherwise of the pictures?)
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Didi-Huberman
http://oaj.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/25/1/59
Here being the quotation of his personal work on Warburg

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/author/default.asp?aid=17338
And here his following attention to the subject