[iDC] Gender, Race, and Ethnicity

Teresa Chen teresa.chen at gmx.net
Thu Apr 20 11:08:47 EDT 2006

Dear Trebor

As you can imagine, I read this discussion thread with great interest. I
appreciate it very much that you brought it up, and I noted some
interesting new links and ideas.

I am trying to cram an ethnic studies and an asian american studies
program in right now, and feel more than anything else, overwhelmed by
what I do not yet know. The more you read, the more you realize what you
still need to read!

I am almost finished with Linda Leung's Virtual Ethnicity book -- it is
good, I relate to it very much, and would highly recommend it.

I don't think there are any answers out there. It's just important, like
you said so eloquently, to keep asking questions and make sure people are
conscious that race, ethnicity, class and gender still exist. Like Linda
Leung mentions in her book, these factors are all interdependent on each
other. She argues, that you can't talk about "ethnicity" without
referencing class or gender as well.

Take care and thanks again, teresa

email: teresa.chen at gmx.net
website: www.teresachen.ch

GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!