[iDC] Education and Crisis (Transcript)

T W tati at midiatatica.org
Fri Jan 28 08:55:16 EST 2005

hi

I think we are now here in brazil at the point of developing
interesting ideas regarding new media methodologies.
maybe because of the complex multiple realities of the country,
such a huge one with indigenous population, ribeirinhos,
urban, periphery.. maybe from the start we cannot
conceive one methodology as such, but an idea that
needs to be adapted everywhere we go..

of course we are greatly influenced by paulo freire and also
the pedagogy of alternancy (? -> pedagogia da alternância)
which takes in account home, place, family and the social
and cultural relations of a given context.

I think that the transdiciplinarity from which we intuitively
chose to work, greatly helps this process, I myself am not
a theoretician or a pedagogue but I identify with the concept
of being a facilitator, not teach a content per se but a way
to access and produce ideas (that we sometimes even disagree
but that at that point in time is part of their culture - sex for
example). and because the student stays
in front of a computer
we are obliged to respect their learning process which is
completely different from one person to another. of course
the moments *away from the computer* are also important,
as they love moments of socialization
(festivals, encounters, screening, visits and so on). another
point is never to make a telecenter looks like a school, which
even themselves sometimes behave like being in one..

with autolabs we have also incorporated *free time use*
before our classes as this was very much demanded as they
have few opportunities to get access to a computer.

more about our work can be found here http://www.midiatatica.org
the blog of the project (at the time frozen)
http://autolabs.midiatatica.org
contains all the methodologies, reports and so on.

my personal work is CHD (coletivo de histórias digitais)
http://chd.memelab.org and contratv.net http://www.contratv.net
where you can find some experiments with narratives and storytelling

http://www.contratv.net/saomiguel and http://www.contratv.net/itaquera
were 2 of the workshops CHD gave in autolabs. the third one is inside
the blog of the project, which was their initiative, using very
originally
the tool..

ok this was my 2/4/6 cents ....
;)